Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Lunches Gone Lazy



Since it's no secret that I am not a huge fan of getting stuff done I thought I'd share a little lazy tip for Works For Me Wednesday. I HATE making cold lunches for Sweetie Pie, especially the sandwiches since you have to wait until the last minute to make them or else the jelly gets all gross on the bread. UNLESS you're a lazy mom, then you could make it the night before with a tiny modification. You ready!?

Put the peanut butter on BOTH sides of the bread, then some jelly in the middle. That way the jelly can't soak into the bread and get all nasty. The BEST tip ever is this... you make a bunch of sandwiches like this, wrap them individually in plastic wrap, put them back in the bread bag and toss them in the freezer. Now you have ready to go single serving sandwiches that you can literally throw in the lunchbox as you're yelling at the kids to get in the car because you're late- and they can thaw before lunch time! Not that I ever need that type of thing... but this possibly works for me!

7 Thoughts From Others:

BNM said...

awesome tip thats almost like the uncrustables. thx for sharing

Kaye said...

I never thought of putting peanut butter in the middle to act as a barrier for the jelly. That's BRILLIANT!

Thanks!

Leslie said...

Great tip! I'm all for having a stocked freezer that helps me save time.

Julie Stiles Mills said...

We do this with peanut butter and banana sandwiches too!

aklatina said...

I LOVE uncrustables, and this sounds like the same concept but with crust, I actually like to eat them still frozen, So i think I will have to give this a try! thanks for the tip!

Keli said...

oh great idea!! thanks for sharing!

McKenna said...

You can also use cookie cutters to cut the sandwich into shapes.....

Related Posts with Thumbnails