Wednesday, March 16, 2011

40 Bags in 40 Days Check In!

Is anyone else participating in the 40 bags in 40 days this year?  I have to admit that I've gotten off to a less than stellar start this year, but it seems to be motivating me to "catch up" since I've only donated 4 bags so far, and they were already filled with stuff even before I started the challenge.  Plus it's spring break so I have more free time to work on the house instead of playing chauffeur all day!  Sooo, as long as I'm decluttering it doesn't matter that my kids are living off Lunchables in their jammies, right!?  Yeah... you can get back to me on that one!

I know I have enough crap to donate, and none of it is currently getting used anyway since I can't find anything, but I have to fight that constant feeling of "needing" that, even if it just wastes away.  I'm trying to break through that cycle and ditch anything that doesn't get used or loved.

As soon as I publish this I am heading down to my hoarder like laundry room to get rid of the "easy" stuff that's just in the way.  Hopefully I'll have some better totals next week!  Clearing out my life one garbage bag at a time sure worked for me last year, and I'm hoping it will again!

Total bags (Week One) 4
Remaining bags             36

How's your 40 bags in 40 days going??

3 Thoughts From Others:

- Mighty B said...

I'm even farther behind...just two bags. I have yet to figure out how to sneak toys out of the house without the kids acting like I'm chopping off an arm.

Let'sMakeADifference said...

Congrats on the 4 bags!! That's a major accomplishment!! I always have a bag and a box in one of our rooms for everyone to place items that they no longer need, but are in good condition. I take them to the local Goodwill. It works well for us! I just found your blog and am following. Would love for you to check out my blog and follow back!

Ashley DeMazza said...

Wow you are really motivating me to get that junk out of the house. I am so glad I found your blog!

Ashley DeMazza

Related Posts with Thumbnails