Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Merit Gone Wrong

Okay, so I totally blew it with the Merit for Moms thing, but who is really surprised?  Life got in the way... I started working a few days a week, the after school activities started again and my family reminded me that they prefer clean dishes to dirty ones.  They're all snooty like that...

Mr.Wright and I have been redecorating the family room to change it from the unloved ex-game room to a room we can all enjoy.  We painted part of the room this fantastic shade of blue that is so buttery you just want to swim in it.  We're still finishing up the painting, and since we had to clear the room to paint all my crap ended up in the garage.  You never really realize how much stuff you have until you have to take it out load by load.  Then you realize that you have a LOT of crap, and since we never hang out down there it's pretty much wasted crap.  Keeping up so far!?

Tomorrow happens to be Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent ( I think, I'm kinda a Catholic drop out!).  Last year for Lent I did 40 Bags in 40 Days and got rid of a different ton of crap (yes, there was MORE crap).  So, starting tomorrow I'll be taking the challenge again.  Since I actually finished that challenge last year it should be more promising than the Merit challenge!

If your interested in joining the 40 bags in 40 days challenge with me link up your progress on Wednesdays (starting tomorrow!) and we can cheer each other on!  I'm excited (and a little disgusted) that after this challenge I will have dumped EIGHTY BAGS of stuff.  Don't tell my husband or he'll just tell you that I have at least 80 more hidden ALL over this house.  Shhh!

1 Thoughts From Others:

mommieof4munchkins said...

I would join you again this year except for the fact that last week I got rid of 15+ bags of crap 12 of which went to good will, so I don't think I have 40 more to give. SO I am going 40 days without buying yarn ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails