My sister from another mister, Amber Filkins, has been taking over hosting duties for Friend Makin' Monday. Did I mention that we have daughters who were born hours apart with names one letter off? How strange is that!? Anyway, today's question is:
1. Apples... I had been traumatized from those horrible baked apples in the lunches from elementary school that I never ate cooked apples, even in pie. A few years ago I made this apple cobbler thing (in the microwave even!) for a Pampered Chef show and I've looked forward to it every Fall ever since.
2. Leaves... we suck at keeping our grass mowed and raked anyway, so I like seeing the leaves change and fall everywhere, and then blow around in the wind.
3. Soup and crockpot dinners... I'm sure people use their crockpot the same all year, but I just think it's weird to slow cook something in the summer. I have issues, I know. Fall just makes me want to wear some jammies, bake some brownies (NOT restricted to just Fall!), and slow cook some soup.
4. School supplies... I'm a dork, and I love school supplies. I'm not sure why, but I just do. This year was the first year that I actually needed to get some, but I've been stocking up in the Fall for years. Something about brand new pens and notebooks is just awesome.
5. The Alaska State Fair... NOTHING happens up here, seriously. We get maybe 2-3 concerts up here a year of people that you've actually heard of, so people go even if they just know the song. The state fair is the ONE thing that happens every year that's worth driving from wherever you are. The concerts are decent and there's rides, but since that doesn't happen any other time people flock to Palmer to get in on the action. Luckily it's 15 minutes from me so I don't have to pack up the family and drive for hours just to spend $100 on 5 rides and a turkey leg.
I think that's it... don't even get me started on the winter. That won't be a pleasant post :P