Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Handmade Holidays, Week One (Kids)

My kids are swimming in games and toys with a million pieces, all which they play with once or twice (just long enough to leave the pieces where I'll step on them) and discard. This year I decided that I was going to have a handmade holiday season, and make everyone's presents this year. I still haven't figured out what everyone is getting, but since I have 23489 kids to make presents for I decided on theirs early. I'm starting a weekly series with my progress on the gifts, and ideas for handmade gifts for everyone! Leave a comment if you have a great link to a handmade gift, and I'll feature it!

This is what I'm making for the 3 and under girls:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=32439073

And for the little boys:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=32956108

And for the 3-6 crowd:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=32612416


I'm in LOVE with this lady's patterns! And I'm LOVING that felt is a whole $2.50 (on sale at Joann's) a yard (that's 72 inches wide!). Cheap material, adorable patterns AND a handmade holiday present!? That really Works For Me!

5 Thoughts From Others:

Nicolasa said...

Those are great! I think the kiddos will love them! What a great idea. I too will making gifts this year for Christmas.. I just have to figure out what they will be since it won't be too long til Santa comes!

Anonymous said...

I wish you'd enable right-click on your site. I have NO intention of stealing your content, but I would have liked to have opened up the etsy links in a separate tab in Firefox, instead of having to navigate away from your page 3 times. Thx

Lynn said...

Aren't these patterns the cutest!! Your little recipients are sure to love them. And such a deal on that felt!

Becky said...

What a wonderful idea! It makes me wish I had some little kids to buy presents for. Someday . . .

shell said...

Thanks so much for the links - I ended up buying 5 patterns and got one for free too. I think this will be an awesome alternative to more plastic bells and pieces. Now to find the time.....hmmmm

Related Posts with Thumbnails