Monday, February 22, 2010

40 Bags in 40 Days Check In

How is everyone participating doing with their 40 bags in 40 days decluttering? Leave a comment with how many bags (and of what) you've gotten rid of and how you feel about the process!

I have to admit that I put it off until the weekend, so on Saturday morning I had 4 bags to do already. Luckily I had so much crap in my laundry room that I could throw away that I filled two bags just with garbage, and another with garbage in the playroom.



I've already given a bag's worth of scrapbook stuff and a bag's worth of baby stuff to a friend.




I've been swamping out my Hoarders-like laundry room so the sheet rock can go up today and I couldn't be more excited! Here's the before and after of the clearing out. Most of it is moved somewhere else, but I did get rid of a lot of stuff too!





I can't wait to organize my newly purged scrapbook stash on my planned built-in shelves in my new laundry room. Once I can shuffle some of my stuff back into the laundry room I'll be able to start on the elephant in the house- under my stairs. I'd love to take a before picture of that, but I can't even get in there to do it. Scary! I'm excited to get rid of all this STUFF that's been weighing me down for SO long!

2 Thoughts From Others:

S Walsh said...

I was feeling great about my progress on Friday...I had not intentially done 2-3 bags a day since Wed. When I told my husband what I am doing he was very concerned about me getting rid of his "crap"...so I decided that my 2-3 bags a day would tie me over for the weekend and I would continue on Monday when he returned to work. :) lol I have just been going through old kids clothes and 1 bag gets donated, 1 goes for hand me down, and a very small bag of clothes is being put in the crawl space to pass on to my own children.

Becky said...

I guess I missed the 40 bags in 40 days challenge, but good for you!! And that's so exciting that you get sheetrock in your laundry room. I'm happy for you :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails