Friday, August 21, 2009

Dirty Little Secrets

I've been having technical difficulties with my laptop so I've been uninspired to blog since it required windexing the chair at the kids' computer. Hopefully my laptop will recover soon so I don't have to make this cleaning business a habit!

Remember you can (and SHOULD!) share your own dirty little secrets in the comments. Post anonymously if you need to...

I didn't realize how much time I spend on the computer until it crashed.

Boo has been peeing the bed almost every single night this week and it makes me want to cry thinking about going back to night time diapers. And I'm TIRED of washing sheets over and over.

I committed the ultimate sin and let brownies go bad on my counter.

I was supposed to start homeschool this week and didn't... simply because I didn't feel like it.

I really want to take a bath but am too lazy to clean the tub first even though my kids take baths in there all the time.

I haven't sewn anything fun all week and I miss it.

I'm terrified of Sweetie Pie walking home alone from the bus stop even though it's not very far. I'm also worried that she won't know it's her time to get off.

I cried yesterday just reading about the kindergarten drop off procedures.

I'm dreading having to brush Sweetie Pie's (and probably my own) hair every.single.day. I've decided it's overrated.

What's your dirty little secret?? You'll feel better- I promise!

2 Thoughts From Others:

Amber Filkins said...

Ohhh kindergarten, how I hated your rude awakening to my lazy lifestyle. And we were afternoon, lol. You're gonna hate it. :)

Saylor goes through phases where she pees everywhere all day long. Last night she wet the bed {she had TONS to drink in the evening} but just awhile ago woke up crying so I ran her in to the potty & she did her bid-ness. Happy mama. I'm also tired of washing sheets.

But here's my dirty little secret: Her sheet has been folded on the dresser for almost a week now. I just grab a blanket from the closet, and fold it to fit her bed. I *hate* putting that darn crib sheet in there all the time. The bumper gets in the way, & I'm really anal about it being perfect. So instead, I don't put it in at all. lol.

I was worried about Maddie not knowing when to get off the bus, but don't worry, they always help the kindergarteners. It will be fine!

Anonymous said...

My dirty little secret? I taught my kids (age 9 and 11) to do their own laundry not to teach them self-sufficiency but because I don't want to do that much laundry anymore... I supervise the project weekly but they do all the work!

Related Posts with Thumbnails