Monday, August 31, 2009

Friend Making Mondays!

Oh how I missed you FMM! My sad little blog is nothing without new people to come and read about how pathetic my domestic skills are! To see how all my new friends answered this week's "20 questions" head on over to Friend Makin' Mondays at AE Filkins!


1. Do you cook every night?

Not even close. I'm horrible at planning and making dinner despite some random effort I throw in every now and again.

2. What kind of laundry detergent do you use & why?
All small and mighty. Mostly because I like how small the bottle is and our local store always has a good sale on them so I can stock up.

3. Do you do laundry every day or loads at a time?

I'd love to do it every day, but I seem to always forget about it and leave the wash in the washing machine. Soooo, usually I end up washing it all day, then folding a mammoth pile of wrinkly clothes. Good plan, huh??

4. How often do you eat out per week?
WAY too often, see #1.

5. Where do you usually eat out?
Where don't we eat out. My favorites are Carl's Jr., Arby's and KFC.

6. What is your favorite retail store?

Target

7. What's your favorite thing to drink?
Pink lemonade with pulp

8. Do you take vitamins? What kind?

I have some vitamin D supplements that I'm supposed to take but I fell off the wagon. Shh!

9. What percentage of the household chores to you do?
This one will get me in trouble with Mr. Wright, but I'm going to say 90%. I don't do anything with cars at all. He's lucky I pump my own gas.

10. Do your children do chores? {Or will they, did they, etc}
They have responsibilities but not actual chores. They have a 'chore chart' with eat breakfast, get dressed, brush teeth, find coat and shoes, Little Man wipes the table and Sweetie Pie washes her hands and brings me her papers after school, then they both have brush teeth and put on jammies at nighttime.

11. Do you go to church?

Not really. I was raised Catholic and recently started going to the Mormon church. I haven't gone in a month though and I'm deciding whether I should go back or not.

12. Do you have a housework schedule?
I have a very intricate system with certain chores for each day of the week, week of the month, and month of the year printed on cards. I stand them up when they need to be done and put them down once I do them. Do I actually get off my cheeto covered couch and use it? Nope.
(See my chore box here)

13. Do you keep a working budget?
Nope. I can hear Suzy Orman screaming "GIRLFRIEND!?". I have those nightmares sometimes.

14. What do you do at night as a family?
Just hang out as a family and watch tv.

15. How do you prepare yourself for a new week?
I don't really prepare a week ahead, but I pull something out for Sweetie Pie's lunch on Sunday, and every night before school I pull out an outfit for all 3 kids and put them on a special shelf.

16. What do your mornings look like?
Our mornings are really relaxed since Sweetie Pie only needs to be at school at 10:30, so usually Mr. Wright gets the kids cereal and a drink when they get up between 7:30-8 and I make my way up there around 8:15. The kids watch cartoons and start the destruction of the house and we start getting ready around 9 or 9:30, then play some more until we walk out the door.

17. What time do you get up in the mornings?
I wake up around 7:30, but I like to lay in bed forever before I get the courage to stand.

18. What time do you go to bed at night?

Last night I was in bed by 9:45, but some nights I like to get some stuff done without my 'helpers' so I'll stay up until 1 or 2 am. Usually around 11pm.

19. How do you manage all of the paperwork that floods into your household? {bills, school work, magazines, ads, etc}
I have a system for this too, but of course I don't use it. I have a bin for Sweetie Pie's school stuff, and everything from the mail goes into a pile on the counter. Occasionally I go through it and throw away the envelopes and junk to just keep the bills and magazines, and if I'm feeling really wild I'll sort them into my hand bill notebook. (see my bill notebook here too)

20. How do you keep your household organized? {calendars, charts, etc}
We have a dry erase calendar that I try to put everything on, but I'm bad about remembering to update it. I carry a planner in my purse that has everything from what chores I need to do today to appointments and birthdays.


7 Thoughts From Others:

B said...

Suze definitely has a way of entering your head. She's a small doses kind of person. :) A little goes a lonnnnnnng way.

Amanda said...

Enjoyed your answers! I have that pile of mail and papers on my countertop too!

Mrs. M said...

Fun answers - glad I am not alone in not wanting to stick to or use any kind of housekeeping schedule. Correction - I WANT to do it, I just find too many excuses to NOT stick with it! :-)

Pistolmom said...

Just stopped by...Great questions and answers!
www.calendar9-12.blogspot.com

Amber Filkins said...

I just love you and your cheeto covered couch. And your AWESOME organizational systems that you just don't do. We are kindred spirits. :)

I am going to check out your systems as soon as I can wade my way through all of the posts!! Oh my WOW--80 people participated this week!! Yowza!

Have a great day/night/whenever you read this!

Becky said...

Okay, so it's Wednesday, but I've seen a few references to FMM, and I just had to stop by (from WFMW) and say I love your answers! It's always fun to make new friends, so stop on by (even if I haven't answered the 20 questions yet) - neverbored08.blogspot.com

And you have a lovely day/night/whenever as well!!

Anonymous said...

I love your honesty. It's so easy to be the person we wish we were instead of who we really are on our blogs.

I always feel like we are cut from the same mold when I read your posts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails