Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Make Yo Play Dough

That was a sad attempt at a rhyming title by the way... Yesterday I bribed the kids with a secret project all day long but really I was the one that was so excited to try it out. I've had the recipe forever but never got around to actually making it until last night. The kids were SO thrilled to measure, stir, and pick their color that they didn't even realize what we were making until they were done. And then the real fun (and SILENCE) began.

They played with it for over an hour, and then we just sealed it up in ziplocks for next time. I loved that it wiped right off the table, and didn't smell like crap 'real' play doh. I'm dumping all our commercial 'doh' and only making this from now on!

{I halved the recipe and gave that amount to each kid}
Combine 1 cup flour, 1/2 cup of salt, 2 tbsp. vegetable oil. Then add a packet of Koolaid or 1-2 drops of food coloring and water until it reaches a good consistency. I added too much water of course, so I just dumped another scoop of flour in to dry it up. It worked perfectly and the kids had a blast.

3 Thoughts From Others:

amywinterlover said...

It's miracle playdoh!!! My kids have been playing with it for almost an hour and they're even sharing some playdoh tools. But just a note, don't be mislead by the yummy smell. After an early test it doesn't appear to be the edible kind of playdoh!

Monica said...

Will was sad tonight when Paul took Aidan out fishing. So I made him some of this stuff. He's made everything from a baby elephant to a truck. LOVE IT!! Thanks Gillian!!

Pepple Family said...

So fun! I love that its no cook! I just invested a small fortune in new playdo (it keeps Lola and Jarom quiet while I homeschool) but we are going to try this this weekend, yay! A great use of all the flour I now have laying around since going GF.

Related Posts with Thumbnails