Friday, August 28, 2009

Dirty Little Secrets

Here we go...

I really don't feel like blogging on my desktop, but my laptop is moving at the speed of my mop.

I borrowed books on tape from the library so I could (possibly!) illegally copy them for the kids to listen to at night. Maybe.

Boo's potty training is out of control. I tried to put her back in diapers at night so I could quit washing the sheets everyday and she took it off to pee on the floor.

I promised that I would never become that mom that used dvd's in the car for short trips and errands. Today I broke the promise.

I plan dinner at around 5:45 when it needs to be ready at 6:15.

Just because I don't cry when I drop my kindergartner off does NOT mean that I'm okay yet. I miss her every second that she's gone, and I check the clock every 2 minutes to see if it's time to get her from the bus.

I feel badly doing fun things at home without her, even though I know she's doing fun things at school without Little Man and Boo.

I'm pretty sure this is the first week in Sweetie Pie's life that she's been dressed and presentable for 5 days in a row.

I always think I'm such a reader while browsing at the library, but not as much when I have to return all my unread books 8 weeks later.

What's your dirty little secret? Mine are getting kind of lame so you should really share... please??

2 Thoughts From Others:

Anonymous said...

My MIL is in town on a visit and always complains it's cold in our house. Personally, I think it's a crock and she's just looking for something "easy" to complain about. I've already turned up the thermostat 3 degrees more than my comfort level and am not willing to go higher. My husband thought I was being unreasonable, so in frustration - and to prove a point, I turned off the air conditioner yesterday - it was over 80 degrees outside. By supper time, everyone was uncomfortable and overheated - but my MIL, continued to complain about the cold.

Point proven. Maybe not a nice thing to do, but now my thermostat is set at my comfort level and that's that.

Betty said...

I secretly snicker when I see it pouring rain on my in-laws laundry that is hanging out on the clothesline. Just because my father in law is the only reason we don't have a working dryer right now. If he's okay with waiting a week for his laundry to dry. O K by me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails