Thursday, April 2, 2009

Day 3- Feeling Springy!

Despite (and maybe because of) the fact that we had a few inches of snow last night I decided that today was the day to feel Springy. After my 'good mom' duty of story time at the library was over I decided to pull a super mom and buy the kids a bird feeder. They thought I went nutty as I also promised that they could paint pictures when we got home (it was a bribe to get out of the library craft project as Boo was about one snotty sneeze away from throwing a full meltdown !). I was feeling great until I got home...

Mr. Wright had cleaned the whole kitchen! Why on Earth would this kill my great mood you ask?? Well, it starts with the fact that when I'm cleaning the kitchen I'm just doing my "job", but when he cleans the kitchen he boasts as if he just cured cancer while simultaneously solving the world's energy crisis, and then helped some elderly people cross the street for good measure. Also, he likes to clean by throwing everything away, where as I like to keep small treasures like bills to pay, etc. The kitchen wasn't even THAT bad... trust me, we've had much worse and he hasn't been motivated to clean it. Maybe he's feeling Springy too...

On to the mission at hand- A long, long time ago a friend linked me to the Crockpot Lady (the one that used her crockpot every day for a year) and I noticed on her site that she was writing a housekeeping "journal". Occasionally I check in to see about the book and was thrilled to see that she launched her own site to promote the book. You can find it HERE. I am particularly interested in The Daily 7 For A Highly Successful Household as it seems possibly attainable even in the Pajama-saurus state that I live my life. Maybe I'll try that tomorrow... see the motivation??

5 Thoughts From Others:

Tecia said...

I love your blog, and have been where you are, but I have gotten a whole lot better. You crack me up about your husband cleaning the kitchen, I could have sworn you were talking about my husband.

Amber Filkins said...

Okay, I swear that for me, blogging has helped me to become a better mom, better wife, more motivated, craftier, and more productive.

You know what's funny, just in the last three days {or last 3 posts} I have seen a motivated mama.

I was going to write more, but I'm feeling a post coming on. :)

I love how you said that your husband sees cleaning the kitchen as your "job". Mine would say the same thing {but he'd dare never say it out loud} and I'd use those same sarcastic "" around it. :)

Being a stay at home mama is not easy.

Pepple Family said...

You are so funny Gillian! I love your blog. Too funny about the kitchen cleaning.

Mrs. Wright said...

Thanks everyone! I seem to do pretty well at getting motivated, but by day 2 or 3 of trying to keep up the same thing I get bored and fall off the wagon. Hopefully having all these wonderful ladies to give me a kick in the butt will work! :)

Teacher Anabelle said...

I'm so happy to help in any way I can!
xoxo steph

Related Posts with Thumbnails